July 3, 2009

Posted by Rie On 5:57 PM
I am now relaxed and finished up everything here at home so I can update my blog - with pictures!! I got home last night from a camping trip to Sweden with work. 21 kids for 5 days can sure wipe one out! But it was a really good trip and I think I can safely say that everyone had a good time. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the campsite was perfect for our needs. The only 2 things that kinda sucked were all the bugs that came out at night and the fact that I didn't get to see much of Sweden. So I'll probably take another trip to Sweden sometime in the future, without kids and see more of the nature and whatever else Sweden has to offer.

On to the pictures!


Here we are in GrenÄ Harbour, waiting for the ferry. It took 5 hours to sail to Varberg in Sweden but for many of the kids, it was their first time on a ferry. I felt like an old pro!



Yeah, ok.... so I'm not normal. Had to entertain myself (and 21 kids) while we were waiting to board the ferry!


Dorte, one of my co-workers at JĂŠttebo. She's amazing and I'm so glad she came with us to Sweden. She has crazy crazy crazy curly hair and the fresh breeze on the top deck of the ferry didn't help her keep control of her curls!


I knew the trip to Sweden was going to be long and hot so I just put on a headband and my funky glasses. Enjoying the fresh air on the ferry and goofing around with Dorte.


Varberg Harbour, Sweden. We had to wait for the bus to deboard and pick us up.


Jesper, one of our BBQ masters and one of my co-workers at JĂŠttebo. When 21 kids are hungry, they get evil! Just kidding!


Our campsite. We had 10 tents with us for 25 people. The pool is just to the left.


Dinner time. Poul is our boss and knew what he was doing since him and Jesper have been on trips with kids lots of times.


Dorte is just so cool!


To celebrate Canada Day, my co-workers thought we should have a "Canada Day Cake eating" contest where everytime me or the 3 kids involved could answer a question about Canada, we could eat some of our cake. Needless to say, I KICKED ASS!


We took our 8 mountainbikes with us and they were well used during the trip. That's the bus that got us to Sweden. No air-conditioning and only 2 windows that could open. Try a trip in a heatwave - it wasn't all that much fun!

Group shot on the morning we left. Tired but happy kids.


It was super crazy with all the baggage! And that's only half of it!


I was bored on our trip back to Denmark.


The view from the ferry leaving Göteborg.


Goodbye Sweden!

0 Intelligent comments: