July 18, 2012

Posted by Rie On 2:50 PM
Here's a little rant....

Ever since I was a teenager, I have had issues with my skin, mainly my face. Really bad acne when I was younger was a nightmare. Cystic acne that was not only ugly and embarrassing, but also quite painful at times. Then I luckily outgrew that phase and my skin has cleared up quite nicely. I have a couple of scars from my teenager years but nothing that bothers me.

But now.... I don't suffer with pimples or acne, but with a seriously red face. My cheeks are blotchy and I often times flush up like a tomato. It looks like it could be rosacea but I don't have it confirmed by my doctor. (For those of you who don't know what rosacea is, check out this link Rosacea info)

I have the redness, the inflammation across the flushing zone - nose and cheeks and I have visibly dilated blood vessels. Plus the facial swelling at times. And blotchy dry patches.

AND IT SUCKS!

My mom is dealing with it as well and we have had long discussions on what we should do, could do and do to lessen the symptoms. And now I'm on an active rampage to find a solution that works for me. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis and I don't want to. I seriously hate the idea of having to wear makeup everyday and that is why I'm desperately trying to find a good cream or something that is easy to use on a daily basis and is good for my skin.

Any ideas?

I've been using a normal day and night cream from Clarins - anti-pollution gentle cream for sensitive skin. It's definitely helped with the blotchy dry patches and the tightness of dry skin. It's quite pricey but I'm willing to pay for good results. Especially on my face. When it's really dry, I use a skin beauty repair serum concentrate, also from Clarins. Good stuff. But it doesn't help with the redness and the flushing....

I just bought Clinique redness solutions daily protective base spf 15 yesterday. I don't usually buy Clinique products but I read about in a magazine and hell - I'm willing to give it a try. I checked out several reviews on the internet and it doesn't look bad. I'm not expecting a miracle, but just some relief. Has anyone else tried out the Clinique redness solution products?

I'm done my rant for the day.... Time to check on my laundry.



0 Intelligent comments: