September 19, 2012

Posted by Rie On 9:48 PM
It's Wednesday night here in Denmark and I'm having a nice quiet night alone. Life has been..... chaotic. Seriously. I've been tired for the past 4 weeks. Exhausted. People are starting to comment on me looking so tired and it sucks. I guess I look like shit.

I'm hoping that things will quiet down next week - although I seem to recall saying that last week. And the week before last.... Is there no end? And just imagine, I don't have kids so I can "relax" when I'm at home. Hats off to those who come home from a long day at work and have screaming brats pulling at their pant legs. (Yes, I know not all kids are screaming brats but still, it is a very likely situation for those who have kids.)

What have I been doing lately? School. Studying. Work. Cleaning. Social life. Meetings. Drama. CHAOS!

School is good. Hard but good. Some days seem like a waste of time. I mean - play soccer with an imaginary ball? Come on, seriously? Or the silly small papers on how do I feel about working in a social workplace? If I didn't like to work with people, I wouldn't be getting my degree as a pædagog. (I still haven't  figured out what it's called in English.) But other days are great. Learning lots of new things and already now, I feel like I've gotten something out of my studies. But getting up at 6.30 am is just killing me. I am and never have been a morning person.

Work is okay. Lots of shift to take and I'm probably taking too many. My Fridays are hell - I get up at 6.30 am and then school until 3 pm. Then home, eat, study, social life and shower. Work again at 11 pm until 7-8 am and then I'm totally done. I'm starting to not drive to work and take a taxi home because I'm just too tired to drive home.

I know I could say no to shifts and I'm going to have to start doing so but so far, it's been hard. I suck at saying no. Like this Friday - I wasn't supposed to work. I actually had the night off. Now I have a double shift because I couldn't say no to the girl(s) who wanted the night off. And a double shift Saturday night.

Man, I suck.

My life has changed the past couple of months and looking back, I'm pretty amazed at myself. I may be complaining about my lack of time during the day but I'm also happy. I just need to take a break now and then. I'm still working on my little home and it's starting to help. I've done some serious cleaning and rearranging so it actually looks nice. Still lots to do but it's definitely a start. I'm eating better - most days - and am also losing weight. I just did a major shopping today - MAJOR - where I stocked up on fruits and veggies and lots of good stuff. I'm going to make an oatmeal/granola tonight so I can just heat it up in the mornings - easy and super healthy. I have a new slow cooker recipe I want to try out on Friday - tomorrow is fish night. I bought mason jars so I can make salads tonight and eat them for lunch the next few days. And mason jars for fruit salads for easy, healthy snacks. (Saw the idea on pinterest) I bought running shoes so I can start exercising again. I spent way too much money but my cupboards and fridge are stocked. My meals are covered for the next week or even longer.

Social life? It's mainly Pub social life while working but I'm trying to also have a life outside of the Pub. Craft Sunday last week. Manicures/girls night last night. Birthday celebration at a friend's place with sushi and wine last Saturday. So it's not all work and study. But that's why I'm so exhausted - I'm trying to fit everything in and do it all. How long can I keep doing this?

I guess we'll find out.

0 Intelligent comments: