February 10, 2011

Posted by Rie On 12:36 PM
Meh.

Meh.

Meh.

That's how I'm feeling right now. I've been sick since Monday evening and I'm going crazy. Crazy in slow motion because my energy level is down in the dumps and I'm still struggling wth feeling yucky.

I went to the Red Monday event (Redbull had a huge event/party for all those working at a bar/nightclub, in order to promote their product.) Monday evening with absolutely no energy. I thought it was just because I was tired and thought that maybe some food and good company would kick my energy up a knotch. We had dinner together and then went over to this party. People were ready to party it up - loud music, dancing, drinking, half-naked people..... I left an hour later. I ended up being home earlier than I usually am on Mondays when I'm working at the youth club.

So I thought - a good night's sleep is needed and then I'm ready to kick-start a good week at work. I had many plans for my kids at the club and was looking forward to spending some hours in our creative workshop. (I'm lucky - I like my job.) I went to bed at 10pm and tried to sleep....

Nope. As the hours past, I was starting to feel more and more like crap. I drifted in and out of sleep all night - getting up to put on a sweater - then getting up to take off the sweater. It was a long night. When my alarm rang at 8am, I knew I was in no shape at all to go to work. And that sucks!

Here I am. It's Thursday, early afternoon and my brain is finally starting to function. I think I kicked the fever but I'm still very much drained for energy. I spent all of Tuesday and all of Wednesday on my couch with my blankets and pillows. I only got up to boil water for tea and soup and to pee. FML. And you know what? Even though I am 31 years old - I really missed my parents. It's funny how I totally go into child-mode when I'm sick like this.

I'm so bored. I'm hoping I can go to work tomorrow.

0 Intelligent comments: