May 24, 2012

Posted by Rie On 11:50 AM
I said goodbye to my dad here a couple of days ago. I hate goodbyes. I always cry like a big baby and it sucks. And it sucked coming back to an empty home - I guess I quickly got used to having him around. It was nice. It was cool just having him a part of my Danish life - showing him what I do, who I hang out with and where I live. He came and went as he pleased but we were able to spend lots of time together and I liked that. It's really hitting me now that they are so far away and even though I love living here, I miss my parents and friends in Canada so much. But it's the choice I made when I decided to stay here.

So here's the story of his trip here. (Yes, I know I'm not even done with the Story of Canada 2011 but that'll come....) He celebrated his birthday the day after he arrived and the sun was shining. Gorgeous day to go for a long walk out here in Vejle.

Dad writing to Mom, letting her know that his trip went okay. 

Happy Birthday! A little gift basket from his sister. 

Vejle Harbor. Gorgeous day. 

Dad with his sister and her husband. Coffee and chatting. 

The weather is just wonderful right now. 20 degrees and it's not even lunch time. I have to work this afternoon and evening so I'm going to cut this post short and go outside with my book. I'll be inside all afternoon so I better take advantage of the free time I have for sunshine.

I hope you all have sunshine too and have a great day!

0 Intelligent comments: