December 6, 2014

Posted by Rie On 11:55 AM
On Tuesday, I have guests coming over for dinner. Three wonderful girls from Spain, who have been doing teaching work experience, are soon leaving and we - HP and I - have decided to make them a traditional Danish Christmas dinner. Flæskesteg, brune kartofler, rødkål, asier, ris ala mande - the works. But even if it was our idea, I know I'll end up being the one cooking. Love HP to pieces but she's even more lost in the kitchen than I am.

I'm not exactly the greatest cook. I grew up with the greatest cook (my dad) so it wasn't a thing for me because it was so easy for him, why should I bother. I remember when I had to make my own dinner for the first time in my first apartment - I was craving spaghetti and meat sauce..... it wasn't edible.

I can cook now. I mean, I can follow a recipe now and usually it turns out okay. I have to make food at the youth club 2 days a week and I'm starting to come out of my shell and try new things. I prefer to cooknew stuff alone - because if it's not edible, than it's just me that suffers. But on Tuesday, I have 4 girls expecting dinner. So I'm already trying to figure out exactly what I need to buy and how long it takes to make etc.

It's not the hardest menu to make but it requires timing and knowing the basics. I don't even know how long it takes to boil potatoes!! (I think we're in trouble!!) But I'm sure with some redwine on the table and some laughs, it'll be fine. Either we eat Danish food - or we order a pizza!

0 Intelligent comments: