October 29, 2007

Posted by Rie On 9:16 AM
It's been freaking forever since I last wrote here on my blog. Wow, it's actually been several weeks ago since last.... I hope you guys haven't given up on me and this blog - I am now back in business and promise to write more often!

So.... things have definitely been happening here and I have no idea where to start. The last time I wrote, was shortly after Jannie's birthday party and that following week, I didn't do much other than work. And work. And work. We are now open in the other clubs (Norup, Egtved etc) and I'm back in Norup every Wednesdays plus I help out when I can in Egtved and Odsted.

The next weekend was crazy but it was nice that Lena came over for breakfast Sunday morning. She's such a sweetie - she brought some food and cooked up a wonderful meal and we had a chance to catch up and just hang out.

Then it was the week of Emma/Anders' birthday (Oct. 9th) - HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAYS! I didn't get a chance to do a blog post because I ended up getting sick that week (again). I don't know why, but I've been sick quite often lately and it really sucks. But I got over it and I'm back in business again. I hope you both had great birthdays and were spoiled rotten!

Speaking of Anders.... we are now officially back together. I don't know what to say other than the fact that I'm happy and I'm glad we worked things out. Yups, Anders and Rie are again a couple!

I can't forget Kirsten, who celebrated her birthday too Oct. 14 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The week after was busy with work and a birthday - Tine celebrated her second 29th birthday Oct. 17.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Yes, she turned 30 and she's not happy with it - just remember, it's just a freaking number and it doesn't mean that your life is over! Geez, Tine and Glenda are nuts when it comes to birthdays! (that was written with love!) Anyways, Tine held a small, yet extremely cozy party and it was nice finally meeting some of her other friends. I've heard so much about them and just needed to put some faces to the people I felt I already knew. (Pictures from her party are on her blog).

It was also Ernst's, my uncle, birthday that week (Oct. 20th) and I hope he had a good day too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The day after Tine's party, I went to Kolding and visited Lena and Laine and had a really good afternoon/evening with them. Just talking, making dinner and doing some crafty stuff. I don't get to see them all that often so it was fun being able to spend the day with them.

Puha, this is turning into a long (babbling) post. I just need to catch up and then I promise I will return to less rambling-like posts.

So... where was I? Oh right, last week, I didn't do much other than work and hang out with friends. I finally got my dishwasher and I'm LOVING it! No more yucky dish water and no more dirty dishes piling up on my counters... (I truely hate doing dishes!) I had a dentist appointment and didn't pass with flying colors which means I have to go back to the dentist again Nov. 9th. Shitty deal.

Last Friday, I had an interview at my work. I had applied for the permanent position there and well.... I GOT IT! Yups, I am no longer a temp and now I'm a "real" member of the staff. No more panic attacks about if I have a job Jan. 1st because I know now that I have a job and I love it! I'm very happy and that definitely lifted a big burden off my shoulders.

This past weekend, we (Tine, Jannie, me etc) went to Jonna and Brian's place for their open house. They have been working for months, years on an old house and have completely renovated it so they had an open house for all their friends, family and people who have helped them. Their house looks great and it was great seeing everyone again. After that, Tine and I went over to my place and carved pumpkins.... Yes, we are people who decided to spend our Saturday night carving pumpkins and just hung out here. Tine says she never carved a pumpkin before but I think she's lying because it went very well. We carved 3 pumpkins - she carved one with windows so it looked like a lantern, I carved a very traditional spooky, mean faced pumpkin and then we made a special one for Jannie - inside joke and I'm not going to get into it here. Lots of fun!

So now it's Monday and I'm up early because I have laundry and stuff to do around here before I head off to work. This turned into a very long post (sorry about not posting any pictures) but I promise to be better in the future. Now everyone is updated in what's been going on in my life here in the land of the Danes.

1 Intelligent comments:

christine said...

welcome back rie! nice to get an update, and such an exciting one too! congrats on the job, I can imagine it's quite the relief for you. And what news that you and Anders are back together! I'm sure you've been busy enjoying the time together again