January 4, 2008

Posted by Rie On 10:35 PM
Hello Everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you all! I'm enjoying a very quiet Friday evening and finally have time to update my blog. I seriously needed a geek night with my computer and luckily Anders is also a huge computer geek so he's not complaining at all!

Christmas went well and we had a good time. Unfortunately I didn't get to see my family this Christmas so I'm looking forward in seeing Karin next week at the club to hear how they are doing. Hopefully they also took pictures! I was spoiled rotten this year (as usual), well-fed and entertained at the different Christmas family (Anders') gatherings so now we're both on a diet... way too much junk food along with all the rich Christmas foods have definitely left a mark on my belt notch.

Merry Christmas!



I had to work this year at the Christmas Youth Party in Jelling - pretty much babysitting 700 drunken teenagers. Very interesting and lots of fun. Very gross too but I'll spare the details so you'll have to use your imagination...

New Years Eve was fun. We were a little late in the planning part but it turned into a good party with good friends. Heidi, Tine, Anders and I ate dinner here at our place - Tine made good food and we all ate like there was no year 2008. It has turned into a tradition now that Heidi comes to Vejle on NYE and this year was no different. Kenneth and his brother came over after dinner and we all partied hard to welcome the new year. Not really with massive amounts of alchohol - the most of us behaved ourselves and were pretty responsible with the intake of fun drinks. Still lots of fun. The weather was gorgeous so we were able to see fireworks from all over Vejle so we all ooh'd and aww'd from our balcony and living room windows. No hangovers the day after and the clean up wasn't too bad. Happy New Years! (More New Years pictures on Heidi's blog!)

Heidi decided I needed to be decorated...

Being lazy before the party started.

Anders trying out one of the table bomb poof things... wtf is that called in English?

A traditional Heidi/Rie picture!

Getting ready to eat! Yummy!


Tine after dinner!


Traditional for New Years Eve and other Danish celebrations. It was a little crooked... but tasted good!

Long story - we had lots of inside jokes going on that night!


I did not get one picture where Anders looks normal. But at least I look super cute!

Now I'm back to work and life is pretty much normal again - whatever you call that. I bought myself a sewing machine (xmas present from the parental units) so I'm planning on experimenting this weekend. If anything turns out to be remotely interesting, I'll post some pictures...

Hope everyone is doing good!!

3 Intelligent comments:

Hogsberg said...

Hi you.. Thanks for another blast.. :-) Once you go purple you never go back.. ;-) Peanut-ish statement.. hihi.. Have a lovely weekend.. :-) Hugs

Glenda-Bean said...

Happy New Year! All the best in 2008! xoxo

Deedee said...

You look great babe - looks like you had fun! xoxo