November 15, 2008

Posted by Rie On 6:43 PM
I'm on some fun painkillers right now so if I babble, I blame the drugs ;)

Right now, I'm sitting on my couch in my new home, looking at all the boxes and really don't know where to start. So I decided to write my first blog post in my new home and just take it easy right now.

These last couple of days have been hell and honestly, if I didn't have good friends to lean on, I don't know where I'd be right now. Probably passed out because of pain and misery! Thursday night, when I was on my way to bed, I felt a sharp pain in my side and a sudden urge to pee.... to make a long story short, I ended up curled up in a little ball on the floor of my bathroom and was ready to die. I didn't sleep at all Thursday night and the pain was getting worse and worse. So I called my doctor Friday morning and got an appointment for the afternoon... BUT, my friend was getting married Friday so I somehow got my ass downtown to witness her wedding and then was taken care of two other friends. Tine gave me some painkillers to help me make it through the day until I had my appointment and her and AK pretty much took care of me.

I go to the doctors, pee in a cup and was checked out and she decided that I am probably having problems with kidney stones. She prescribed some extra painkillers and said that I should call on Monday. But after she had poked me, I was in serious pain... After that, things are a little blurry. We make it down to the drugstore and then Tine and AK put me in a cab home. I don't really remember much - I passed out and woke up when Jonna called me. She ended up driving out to pick me up and took me back to her and Brian's place so I wasn't alone. By then, the painkillers were kicking in and I was actually ok. I slept on their couch - a very nice couch! - with a dog and cat and a toilet nearby. Unfortunatly for Jonna and Brian, their youngest girl ended up having a rough night with vomit so they didn't sleep much at all.

We ate breakfast together and I chowed down on more painkillers... because I had to move today. Jonna and I jump in her car, picked up a trailer from work and got right to work. Anders came and helped out too and we quickly got all the stuff moved from work. But because I was not doing good yesterday and have been super busy with work all last week, I wasn't able to pack my stuff until today.... so while I was throwing things in boxes, baskets and bags, Jonna and Anders were going up and down the stairs putting things in the trailer. A FREAKING NIGHTMARE.

But we got almost everything moved and now I'm here. I am not going to work tonight, even though I'm feeling no pain now - yay for painkillers! - but I didn't want to risk being stuck out there in Jelling if things got worse and luckily my co-workers are very understanding and great people. But I'm here in my home now and listening to my toilet run.... lots of water so I'll have to call the landlord Monday morning. I already called him and left a message but I doubt he'll call me back this weekend.

So, thank you to Tine and AK for being there for me yesterday in my time of pain. And thank you to Jonna and Brian for babysitting me last night and for helping me move. Thank you to Anders for helping me move too. Congrats to Lise and Michael - she turned 25 yesterday and they got married.

Now I'm going to start unpacking...

2 Intelligent comments:

Tine said...

Ha ha ha... you made absolutely NO sense on friday. Just glad that you agreed to come with us to lunch, the doctor and so on:) I'm looking forward to seeing the new appartment even though you claim it looks like the old one.... PLEASE try to take care of yourself!!!! Or at least acknowlegde when things are not that good.... :) Hugs!!!

Glenda-Bean said...

wow! That sucks! Glad you are feeling better now!