January 15, 2009

Posted by Rie On 11:00 AM
I'm in the mood to update my blog but I don't have any witty opening comments to get myself started. I'm sitting here in my living room, listening to music and drinking tea, trying desperately to wake up even though it's already 11am. I'm tired. I slept way too good last night and had a really hard time getting my ass out of bed. Maybe I should make myself some coffee after posting and hopefully that will help wake me up before I have to work.

Today is Thursday which means that I don't have to be at work until 2pm. Work is going good - it was hard to get back into the routine of things after the holidays but it's getting there. I love my job(s) so that definitely helps. I'm pretty busy trying to juggle everything and give each job all the energy and attention they deserve but I'll admit that sometimes it's a little hard. I do what I can do and have decided to just take one day at a time.

My apartment is coming along - slowly but definitely turning into a home. A little Rie home. I'm getting another couch next Tuesday and I can't wait! My coworker decided to get a new one and his is still in good condition so he thought of me. Yay me! The couches I have right now were given to me by one of my kid's parent's when they fixed up their living room and I have been super grateful - but they are not the prettiest pieces of furniture and they aren't the type of couches that one just throws themselves on and relaxes. A little too hard and stiff for my taste. So... Tuesday, I get a "new" couch and these "old" ones will be donated to my garage so that the kids have a place to sit. So, once I get my couches, my table and sofa table from my friend (YAY Heidi!), I can start thinking about hanging up some lamps and paintings.

I have some great family and friends in my life that have really helped me in this moving process and I couldn't have done it without any of them. Just the support, the emails, the phone calls, the hugs and the long talks. I have decided that 2009 will be a good year. I'm back into the groove - I'm painting again, doing my creative thing, having fun, meeting people, loving my job(s) and just taking it one day at a time. Life is good and I'm happy.

0 Intelligent comments: