June 1, 2009

Posted by Rie On 4:07 PM
Wow, what a weekend! JELLING FESTIVAL 2009!

Yes, I'm still alive. Barely. But it was totally worth it! For the first time, I went to the music festival in Jelling for three days, as a guest. NO WORK! And it rocked! 26,000 people came! The weather was gorgeous - at least 25 degrees and the sun was shining for three days straight. It got slightly chilly in the evenings but it was enough to just have a jacket on. Perfect weather.

We partied Friday (after work), Saturday and Sunday... although Sunday was a little quiet in the evening because we were all so tired. During the days, we vegged on our blankets, taking naps, taking to people, drinking and eating (NO MORE junk food for the next long while - my tummy can't handle it!) and then when it got a little cooler, we got some energy and danced, drank and just had a blast until we took the bus back to Vejle at 2am-ish. Then we woke up in the morning, showered, ate and went back to Jelling. FUN FUN FUN! But I'm glad it only happens once a year, because I'm beat. My body hurts - aches and pains in my muscles. Sunburnt face and shoulders. Tired but happy.



Rie and Lise Saturday night - Finding our energy for the Nephew concert!



Rie, relaxing in the sun Saturday afternoon.



This isn't my picture, I found it on the Internet at www.vejleamtsfolkeblad.dk. But it's a great picture that shows the energy at the festival.


My brain is mushy right now. It's again a gorgeous day and I'm doing my own thing here at home. Music and laundry. Cleaning up and just plain relaxing so I'm ready for work tomorrow. Ate some real food - yummy. Maybe I should start a detox diet for the next couple of days to get all that crap from the festival out of my system. A short week this week. We're off today and also off on Friday - gotta love spring/summer danish holidays!

I'm gone again. I want to get more done here at home before I crash on my couch tonight.

1 Intelligent comments:

Glenda-Bean said...

Wooo Jelling Festival! I remember my Jelling festival experience and it was awesome! Good times!