January 7, 2010

Posted by Rie On 12:20 AM
..... that I finally update my blog. I knew I was behind in "Rie posts" but I didn't realize that I was several months behind!! Crazy!! But I'm here and be prepared, I am ready to babble! And I'm including pictures! Yay and woot woot!

It's really hard to summarize what I've been doing for the past few months. When I got home to DK from my wonderful trip to my Canadian home, I drowned myself in work and tried to also have a somewhat social life. Work is good - I have now 4 jobs but I'm happy. I'm able to keep myself slightly sane, slightly busy and definitely entertained. I have 4 jobs because none of them are full time (37 hours weekly).... so I'm divide my time between different jobs. Three of them are with kids and youth clubs and the newest one is just for fun. I now work at one of the local bars here in Vejle and I have a blast doing so. I get to go out, hear music, see friends, meet new people, get some exercise (coat check with stairs!) and get paid doing so. Perfect for me at the moment.

Christmas 2009 was a quiet but definitely a nice evening. (Remember, us crazy Danes celebrate Christmas Eve - eat, drink and be merry in the evening with family/friends) I went over to Karin and Ernst's place in the afternoon and had a really good time. Jesper (my cousin) and Vibeke and their two kids celebrated Christmas with us - it's been a long time since I spent the holidays with toddlers. They are cuties! We ate good food, drank wine, pop and coffee, ate too much chocolate, danced around the tree and opened presents - merry christmas to all! It was a good time.






We got snow this Christmas! Yups - a freaking white Christmas! I don't really like the snow, unless I am skiing, but it hasn't been that bad. It's been really cold but also really pretty - good thing I can do the layers of clothing to keep myself warm enough to brave the 40 cm snow whenever I have to go outside. (But now we've had snow for 2-3 weeks and I'm tired of it. It can go away now). Heidi, one of my oldest friends here in DK treated me to a fun (cold) Sunday in Ã…rhus where we visited "Den Gamle By" (The old city). It was great seeing her again and lots of fun walking around, drinking coffee, taking pictures, seeing the sites and just hanging out.





Another fun day was one of the first snow days in DK, before Christmas holidays. Lise and I had so much snow in our courtyard (she's now my neighbour!) so we had to have a little fun. We made a snowman, snow angels, tossed around snowballs and basically goofed around like little kids - and froze our asses off. I know that I'm Canadian and should be used to snow BUT it's been a long time since I had a really cold winter. And I'm not used to it anymore! Hey, I was only barely 13 years old when we moved from Alberta to the Island!





I turned 30 this year... well, technically it was last year since it's now 2010. But yups, I hit the big 3-0! It didn't hurt too much and I figure, I don't feel old (normally) and I don't look old so it's just a number and that's it. I celebrated my birthday in style and had a good evening with good friends. I didn't want to make it into a big deal so it wasn't a formal birthday party - just friends, loud music, food and drinks. I think I can say for all of us that we had fun. I even wore a dress!! (Just to live it up a little!)



Yes, I'm still babbling.....

I've been doing random things with friends and family between shifts at the different clubs and at the pub. Dorte turned 40 on Hallowe'en so we celebrated her with style and had a good time. It was nice seeing Anne again and it's always fun hanging out with Dorte!

Frederik came and visited us in DK in October and I was also able to spend an evening with him, his wife Nicole and our friend Heidi. We even found time to visit the youth club in Nørup - Frede used to be our DJ before he took off to LA so we couldn't resist taking a group photo, for old times sake.



Just a picture from work - a Net party with the youthclub. I was exhausted and was having a hard time keeping myself awake!


What else is new?? New Years Eve was spent working at the pub (www.tartanpub.dk) and that was fun. I spent the xmas holidays relaxing, sleeping in, hanging out with friends, working at the pub and youth parties and just basically finding my energy and spending my energy having fun.

Now that all the Christmas parties are done and life is getting back to normal, I'm trying to get my shit together again with work and stuff. I have the usual New Year goals for my life and will take it all one step at a time but I'll keep you posted on how things go. I promise, it won't go several months again before I update my blog. And I have lots more to write about but it's 1am and I'm tired. It's bedtime for me!

Welcome to 2010!

0 Intelligent comments: