July 1, 2007

Posted by Rie On 7:25 PM
This is probably going to end up being a long post with LOTS of pictures - consider yourself warned!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI! Today is Heidi's Birthday and I hope she had a really good day! I have known Heidi for pretty much 10 years - she's probably my oldest friend here in Denmark and I met her through my old roommate when I was an exchange student at the business school. Heidi has moved away from Vejle and we don't get to hang out as much as I'd like but we always have fun when we do - for example, Conrad lunches, cute DSB guys, concerts in Copenhagen and just walking arm in arm while shopping for jeans and shoes. Soon we'll be able to add a Metallica concert to the list! TILLYKKE MED DAGEN!


November 2006


New Years Eve 2006


An oldie - New Years Eve 2005 - don't ask about the hats!


Here's another happy note - Christa is now officially done with her educaton as a shipping agent and starts her "real" job tomorrow. We were at her place Friday night for a celebration party with lots of beer and good company. Congrats Christa and good luck with the new job! We still have plans to meet up at the gym this week, right?




October 2006 - yes we're drunk and we're having fun!


As I mentioned in the previous post, things have been CRAZY hectic here this past week. Friday, I went to work early to get some things done and we had to get ready for our summer vacation - cleaning and putting things away while still having time for the few kids that were there. After work Friday, I met up with Lise so we could get some shopping done and just hang out before we went to Christa's party later that night. The party was fun but knowing that I was having a party myself Saturday, I decided to go home early and was in bed at 2am. I was able to drag my ass out of bed at a decent hour so I could get things ready - Luckily Lena was able to come to Vejle early and both her and Tine helped me out - A LOT! I am so grateful for those two and really do appreciate all the help - and the great company! THANK YOU! We were able to get everything ready before people started to come and everything went very smoothly. Unfortunately, there were a few who, last minute, couldn't come but those who did were in good moods and I think I can say that the party was a success. Way too much food so no one went hungry and people were able to just sit back and relax. My work was the perfect place for a party. The Singstar Playstation game was a huge success - holy shit, we didn't sound too good but it was seriously funny!


I hope you all had a good time and thank you for the great company and the gifts!

I couldn't have done it without the help of Lena and Tine!



I met Didde back in the days of cleaning the hospital (lots of fun memories!) and she took the night off from being a mom to celebrate my 10yrs with me.

Gitte was also a member of the hospital cleaning crew back then and we've stayed friends ever since. Remind me to tell you the story of when Gitte started working at the hospital and how a certain, very hungover person (the only time I went to work with a hangover!) had to show her the ropes. Definitely a story we'll never forget!

Even though Karin and Ernst had big plans during the day, they were still able to join our "small" gathering.

Ernst was actually really tired but I hope he still had a good time. One of the main reasons for having the party there was so that Jonna and Brian could take their kids with them and here's Jonna with Mathilde. I'm just so glad that they could all come!

Mathilde got a little sleepy!

Jonna and Brian's first daughter, Caroline. It was getting late and I think she was getting tired.


Caroline just doing her own thing!

Gitte learned how to play pool!

Karin, Vibeke and Anders all singing their hearts out!

They all look very amused while the others are singing. Jonna, Didde, Morten (Gitte's husband) and Gitte.

Claudia was definitely the star of singstar and kicked everyone's ass!

It was a group effort! Vibeke, Anders, Gitte, Brian and Jesper.

Yups, I sing like crap but I don't care, we were having so much fun!

Lena and I got our asses kicked in table soccor when we played against Anders and Ernst. (I don't remember what it's called in English and "table soccor" sounds wrong!)

I am now ending this extremely long post. It's now time for me to throw myself on the couch and enjoy the rest of my Sunday evening with Anders. But one last thing:

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!


0 Intelligent comments: