December 7, 2011

Posted by Rie On 9:44 PM
This past summer, I was back in Canada to spend time with my family. The months up to my trip were hard. My Mormor died in June - just a bit over a month before I was supposed to visit her. Losing her reminded me that family is important. No matter how far I am from them, they are my family. No matter how crazy and screwed up we can be, we are family. When Cydney and Tyson got married, we celebrated life and happiness and Mormor was there in spirit - she was the sunshine looking down at us. 

My family is split up all over the world and that means I don't see them as often as I would like to. My aunt - mom's sister - lives in the States with her kids and grandkids. I hadn't seen them for years, especially my youngest cousin, Cydney. She was unable to attend the last family reunion which meant we hadn't seen each other since I was around 15 years old. So you can only imagine how awesome and amazing it was to see everyone at Cyd and Tyson's wedding. It was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining and people were happy. It was a great feeling being a part of the family again and not just relying on emails and pictures. 

Mom, checking out the wedding site as things were getting set up. The weather was just gorgeous for an outdoor wedding. 

Cydney and Tyson. He is a nice guy and is crazy enough to be a part of our little family. 

My baby cousin grew up into a beautiful woman. 

A private moment between the bride and groom. 

The things you do to avoid grass stains!

My family!

Wedding ceremony. Dad was taking all these amazing pictures. 

"You are now husband and wife. You may now... eat the cake." 

Christin - crazy bridesmaid. Mom. Katie - my cousin's wife.   

Cydney and Mom.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your day.

Dad is pretty talented behind the camera lens. It was hard to pick and choose which pictures to use on this post - I have so many! 

0 Intelligent comments: