September 11, 2006

Posted by Rie On 10:06 AM
Yay me, I have internet again! It's actually quite scary how dependent and attached one gets to the internet - it's only been a little over a week without and I was driving myself nuts. I would much rather have internet than have a tv...

Anyways, I am sitting on the floor, in my new home and absolutely loving it. LOVING IT! My little apartment is super cool, or at least will be super cool when I'm done decorating and figuring out where things should be. But I can already see that my little home has the potential of being SUPER COOL. Yes, I am still all very excited about my new home and even though the excitement should die down soon, I'm still basking in the glow. At least for a little while longer.

The move went ok. It took a couple of days to get everything organized and put into its rightful place but it's starting to look like a real home. I bought (very cheap) a wooden "dining room" table with 4 chairs and a computer table from my friend - she also threw in a lamp and a large picture to hang up on my wall. I got a couch and a puff thing from another set of friends, free of charge. I have spent way too much money on lots of small stuff, such as more lights, kitchen items, bathroom stuff etc. So I'm broke now but I'm definitely happy. I still have to hang up all my lighting, the wooden blinds in the living room and bedroom plus all the wall decorations - ie, shelves (still have to buy those...) and paintings/pictures.

Other than my new home, I do have school and I have been quite busy trying to get everything read and sorted through. I went to the Rolling Stones concert last weekend and that was way cool! I'm not a huge fan of the Stones but when Mia came home one day with cheap tickets (legally), we both thought it would be a cool experience to see the Stones live. They definitely know what they're doing on stage and sure did give an awesome concert for 85000 people. Yups, 85000 plus all the crew and helpers. It was crazy how many people were there! It was an outdoor concert and luckily it didn't rain so it was all good. ALL GOOD.

I'm going to try and upload some new and exciting (yeah right) pictures. Christine mentioned that the reason I might be having problems is because my photos are quite large.... lets give it a try once I downsize them. I don't have a digi camera anymore and since I'm broke, I won't be getting one until I start working at the club again. But hopefully I can borrow Anders' again when he gets back from his late summer vacation - he never uses it anyways ;)

0 Intelligent comments: