April 15, 2007

Posted by Rie On 9:56 AM
It used to be Mondays that I liked to call "Rie Day" but after getting a full-time job, my "Rie Day" has been moved to Sundays.

Yesterday was pretty fun. I met up with Tine for brunch and after we ate too much, we went to see Thaiboxing and to cheer on some local boys fighting in the Danish Championship. Thomas is one of my good friends so of course we had to be there! Unfortunately, he got knocked out in his first match in the second round because he got hit by a lucky punch. Really sucks but that's the way it is sometimes. I didn't really get any pictures that are worth showing - it's hard focusing on two men jumping around and trying to beat the crap out of each other but I did get one of Thomas doing some sort of funky jump and trying to get a good shot in. As I said, not the best quality but it's the best I got this time. (Thomas is in red) The second picture is of Anders and Igor, the main trainer, giving Thomas some advice and doing the usual pep-talk stuff. (Anders is not going bald - it's the way the light falls on his head!



The other two guys from Vejle did great - they both won in their weight class and can now call themselves Danish Champions in Thaiboxing. It was a long day but still fun. We'll always be there to cheer on our friends and the local boys!

It's easy to see that Vejle Muay Thai is still very much an amateur club but that could easily be changed if they got their shit together regarding advertising and information about the club. Everyone who came to see these fights yesterday were people affiliated with different clubs - and as Tine pointed out, there were more people from Odense than from Vejle! No one in Vejle knew about it other than us who knew someone fighting in it! Tine knows her way around sports clubs and how to draw positive attention to matches via advertising and has offered her knowledge, time and help to Vejle Muay Thai and to be very blunt, it would be suicide if they don't take it.

After seeing sweaty men beating each other up, we went out to get something to eat. But it was only dinner and then home again because we were all quite tired - no wild parties this time around. Relaxing on the couch watching Rush Hour 2 on TV sounded like a good way to end the day!

Now I'm home again. Anders is out enjoying this great spring weather playing golf and I'm having my "Rie Day". I'm not sure what my plans are yet but dishes are definitely a top priority. And Skype tonight with the parents and the brother. Hopefully Glenda will have time to pop in to say hi - it's been forever since I last talked to her!

OK, it's official. Heidi and Rie are going to a Metallica concert!!!! We have the tickets and now all we do is wait until July! Yay Heidi for getting the tickets and sharing her love for music with me!

HAPPY SUNDAY!!

0 Intelligent comments: