January 18, 2011

Posted by Rie On 3:07 PM
I was at work last night (like I usually am) and the scooter boys were painting their scooters... totally stinking up the entire youth club. I got a mild headache from the fumes so when we closed for the evening, I decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. It's not a long walk - around 40 mins but long enough to clear my head.

It didn't work. Forty minutes later, I got home - wet, tired, cold and still with the headache. It had started raining and since I didn't plan on walking home, I had my sneakers on. My feet were totally soaked through. I made myself a cup of tea, sat on the couch and enjoyed a quiet moment while wrapped up in blankets.

I still had a headache.

So I took a painkiller and crawled into bed. I had a hard time falling asleep - but that's pretty normal for me the last few weeks. I finally fell asleep but woke up several hours later... not with a headache. But with a freaking migraine! It's been a while since I last had a migraine and I had forgotten how much it hurt.

Then I threw up. (I know, too much info...)

I tried to sleep again but that didn't go too well. I kept throwing up. I ended up calling in sick today and then took 2 more painkillers, hoping that I could at least sleep it off. It's now 3pm and I'm finally feeling slightly normal again. A little groggy but definitely better.

Moral of this story - when boys are stinking up the place, make them go outside!

0 Intelligent comments: