January 31, 2011

Posted by Rie On 11:04 AM
I might actually be getting too old for these kind of weekends!

The sleepover at the youthclub was a success. HUGE success! At least, that's the impression I got from the kids. It started out with a major shopping trip to the grocery store with Dorte - pizza stuff, fruit, veggies, snacks, juice, makeup stuff etc. Lots of good stuff! Luckily, my other coworker had already made dinner for us, so we didn't have to worry about that. Which was a major bonus because the kids started to come early and we were a little stressed out.

But it worked out. The kids came, were all happy and excited. They were fed and then the activities began. Dancing, fashion shows, nailpolish, pillow fights, movies, snacks, girltalk, computer games - it was a long and busy night. I think the last of the girls fell asleep around 4am and then Dorte and I cleaned up and evaluated the evening. We woke them all up at 8am and got the place ready for breakfast and for the parents. They were picked up at 10am and an hour later, we could also go home.

But it was a good night. The girls were all excited to tell their parents about the sleepover so I'm assuming that means they had fun. And they are already talking about next time.

I got home, ate some lunch and then went to bed. I had to work at the pub at 7pm, so after a couple hours of sleep, massive amounts of coffee and redbull, I was ready. The night started off at a slow pace - but turned super busy after a couple of hours. I was working the coatcheck and by 2am, I was in trouble. Not so much because I was tired, but because people just kept on coming - the pub was packed almost the entire night. It was a long and very tough shift. Thank god for some good co-workers, who helped out even though they weren't working. I couldn't have survived the evening without them! But when I got home at 6am-ish, I was exhausted. Tired and in pain.

But I survived my work weekend.

Sunday - I kept things quiet. Lise came over so we could watch the men's handball game - final game in the world championship. We lost to France. Boohoo! We'll have to live with a silver medal. Her and I ate burgers and then she left so I could skype it out with my parents. Gotta love Skype!

And then I went to bed. And I let myself sleep in today. It's now 11am and I'm ready to take over the world!

0 Intelligent comments: